My Dollar Tree has Jingos by pepperidge farm right now. These are normally $3 a box. I had $1 off printable coupons….so 4 free boxes!!!!
My nine, almost ten year old daughter decided she wants a Minnie Mouse party. We found really cute cupcakes and decorations on Pinterest. She loves Disney and polka dots, so this party will be perfect for her sleepover. We could not find any invitations we liked. I decided to come up with my own design. We headed out to Michael’s to pick up a few needed supplies.
I bought 4 items:
1) red polka dot ribbon $2.99 but used a %40 off coupon
2) pack of black scrapbooking paper (50 pages) on sale for $2.50
3) Gartner red cardstock invitation (10 pack) $1.79
4) Gartner red matching envelopes (10 pack) $1.99
I then went to the website on the invitations to get the template to print my own….simple. It only took me a few minutes. I then printed them. I took the black paper and my old scrapping circle cutters. I picked 2 different sizes and started cutting. I used scrapbooking adhesive to adhere the circles together and to the invitation.
1) I attempted to make this Pinterest meal. How did it turn out?……….We loved it. I have made it twice now. It is so simple. You just add boneless chicken breast, cut up potatoes, and canned green beans. You sprinkle good seasonings dry Italian dressing over it and then 1 stick of melted butter. Cover with foil and bake 1 hour at 350 degrees. Tastes great and really simple.
2)I tried this yummy baked cabbage tonight. It was very good. Unfortunately my kids and husband aren’t as fond of cabbage as me. The recipe is here. I will definitely make this again.
We can all get discouraged with things in our life and I’m guilty. I am trying to be thankful instead when I get those negative thoughts. It’s all about perspective. So today I am posting about things in my life the last couple of weeks that make me smile.
1) it is Friday and it’s girls night out tonight with 3 close friends. We are taking my friends new convertible vw bug to the beach for dinner.
I am thankful for my sweet daughter too but all my pics seemed to be about the boys.
Dollar Tree’s starting accepting coupons about a week ago. I was waiting a few days so all the problems might get worked out. I guess my plan worked because I had no problems at all. I got all this for just $1.35.
We are all settled back in school. I can’t believe I have 9th grader……high school. How is that possible? Just seems like yesterday…. he goes to a theatre/performing high school. I am very proud of him.
The twins started 4th grade. I wish I could suspend time sometimes.
I wouldn’t be complete without a backpack shot.
D got new glasses to start school. He only wears them to read up close.
The twins are both into Vans skate shoes right now…..well to be truthful, Abby loves all shoes.
Soccer has started for D
I love Pinterest, but I am not as good at following thru and completing things. Me and my kids love the chicken gnocchi soup at Olive Garden so I decided to try and make it at home. I was at the Dollar Tree and I saw these
the soup turned out very good and even good my kids seal of approval.
If you are interested, this is a link to the recipe.
My hubby is in a softball tournament today. It is 11:00am and we are already on game # 2.
We are on our way to
Zane’s birthday party next.
We went to Chick fil a for dinner about 5:30. We were hoping to beat the long lines and it worked.
This is what our cow costumes looked like.
Got some great ideas for even better costumes next year. Half of the fun is making the costumes. We saved $32.00 tonight on all our food. Thank you Chic fil a for being such a family friendly company.